An Innovative Virtual Developer Challenge Featuring San Francisco International Airport (SFO)
San Francisco International Airport is looking to upgrade the airport experience from A-Z.
Participants in this virtual hackathon have the opportunity to hack for solutions that will transform the traditional travel process into a modern and seamless experience.
Submit your idea by December 14th to qualify as one of the finalists who will pitch at the FINALE on December 17th at SFO.
IMPORTANT: One member per team must pitch in-person at SFO in order to qualify as a finalist.
Finalists will be selected and notified on Monday, December 15th via ChallengePost direct message. Questions can be directed to Shakira (at) Wearableworld (dot) co.
NOTE: Link above has been updated
Agenda: Dec. 17th
Location: T2 Partnering Room
10:00am - Breakfast + Networking
11:00am - Welcome + Opening Remarks
11:20am - Developers Test + Perfect Prototypes
2:30pm - Pitch
3:30pm - Judging
4:00pm - Winner Announced
4:30pm - Conclusing Remarks + Networking
Wearable World Invents
Wearable World Invents is an ongoing series that brings big brands and bright minds together to solve real problems and follows a process that delivers real solutions to the market. Great ideas without execution is old school. The Wearable World Invents series is a new level of collaboration that produces real apps for real world implementation.
Wearable World Inc.
Wearable World connects businesses to the social fabric of the Internet of Wearable Things. Our goal is to provide an innovation platform to foster the blend of technology, art and humanity. Through news content, incubator and accelerator programs, and events, Wearable World acts as the catalyst for future Wearable Technology innovation. The Wearable World platform addresses the need for entrepreneurs to connect, learn, and engage the wider Wearable Technology global ecosystem. For additional information, please visit www.wearableworld.co.
#WWinvents | @Wearableworld | www.fb.com/wearableworld wearableworld.co
- Limit one (1) entry per person.
- Teams are limited to (4) people.
- Participants are expected to provide a presentation and/or a functioning demo of the prototype.
How to enter
1) If you think you've got what it takes to create the solution to travelers' needs, simply apply here.
2) Complete your submission via the challenge submission form before the submission deadline (December 14th, 2014).
3) If you are not located in the Bay Area, you are able to participate virtually. Please note, at least one member per team must be present at at SFO on December 17th, 2014 for final judging.
CEO/ Wearable World
Chief Developer Evangelist / VP OpenAPI at MasterCard / Mastercard
Director, Next Gen Computing- Wearables, IOT// Mentor to 500 Startups// Board Happy Farm Incubator
Associate Deputy Airport Director, Communications & Marketing at San Francisco International Airport
Direct Mobile Apps & Wearables / American Airlines
Chief Innovation Officer for Mayor Lee / City and County of San Francisco
1) Did the team have a working demo? 2) If not, will it be completed in 30 days? 3) Does the App solve a real world or business problem? 4) No. of provided APIs used. 5) Is the UX/UI elegant, seamless, and easy to use? 6) Would you use it at the airport?
Quality & Design
Creativity, originality, UX/UI